There are a few cheaper options than buy tickets in advance at $71+tax pp over 2 yr old. Costco has tickets you can buy in store or online (etickets) for $56pp. Way back in May, there was a week where they had these tickets on sale for $46! We get the free lego club magazines too and those almost always have a 'buy an adult ticket, get a kid in for free' coupon. That ends up cheaper than Costco Legoland if all the kids going are over 3 and all have adults with which to pair. I could not find ANY of our lego magazines before we left and of course found two right when we got back! One more interesting option was the yearlong pass was only $99 pp. I figured there might be some way to do a deal with that for maybe one person but never could figure it out. There was enough to do with shows and extra programs that you could enjoy the time there for two days. I think our kids were just the right age for it.
Something really fun about Legoland was all the 'photo ops'. The big guys insisted on wearing their lego star wars shirts that are identical which made them match...I like this for having them in a crowd but it does make them hard to tell apart in photos! Look for their neckerchiefs. Benjamin wore a red bandana and Samuel wore a blue one. They were really into all the posing and we skipped pass way more than this.
I have included a few photos from the actual lego store in Disney Springs because I thought they were a good fit here too being big lego sculptures we took pics beside. They are the buzz lightyear scenes, the dwarves, and the group of doggies. Einstein's face was actually built from Duplos as was the Giraffe. Having carried around 1,000 piece lego spaceships, I know they are heavy! I cannot imagine how heavy these structures must be or what kind of glue and steel holds them all in place so firmly. You could see how the colors on some of the legos had faded and gotten dirty with time. I realized that even outside, legos can last A REALLY LONG TIME!













No comments:
Post a Comment