Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 20, 2016

What a Summer!

I finally have a few moments here and there because my little ones are in mother's day out two days a week for 4 hours each.  I have a huge list of stuff to do during this time but am going to try to get back into something I really enjoy - blogging.  I noticed the blogging header picture is SO out of date so I have a picture at the end of this blog.

This is one of the first summers we've had with the kiddos that I had no idea how full it would be last April.  In fact I only had a vague notion of maybe two things that happened but not everything.  It was surely a summer to remember and a few blessings along the way.

Here is a snapshot of our summer:
-Short vacation to Myrtle Beach
-VBS (All three boys loved!)
-Family fun weekend here for July 4
-Big boys spend 4 days in Nashville with the grands
-Big boys and Nathan go to Camp Carson for the Baptist Blind Camp weekend
-Sam and Nate go to Six Flags
-Meg and Kids spend a few days in Kentucky then Ohio
-Unexpected Family Vacation including Meg's dad and Nate's mom to Orlando
-Legoland and The Magic Kingdom
-Upcoming family trip to Lake Winnie

With summer mother's day out, I also got to do some special 1:2 things with our big boys that are just not things I would do solo with 2 more little kids around.  We continued the Wednesday swim with church friends.  Benjamin's swimming improved so much that he was jumping off the diving board and swimming to the edge by the end of the summer.  Jonathan went from being afraid to enter the water without holding onto me to jumping in from the side with puddle jumpers and putting his head underwater!  Yay!  We also did some of the usuals: zoo, creative discovery museum, Chattanooga uniques, and parks.  It was a full summer and I am finally ready to get back to schedules!

This summer I found a pseudo solution for Rosie's sleep that is helping my sleep.  I just was not thriving on the nightly 2 hr waking and neither was she.  First, we are in the process of moving her and her closest bro into the same room so she knows she isn't alone.  Second, she also sleeps way better beside me so when she starts to night wake about 3 hrs into her sleep in her room, I just bring her in bed with me and she cuddles up and dozes right off as do I.  Part of putting them in the same room will put a bed big enough for me to collapse on with her in the middle of the night so I am not transporting her and so she is used to her own bed as we move her out of the crib.  I know this would be so crazy pf a thing to do for the first time mom I was 9 years ago but I'm totally okay with this and in fact, I am feeling soooo much better getting good sleep!!  :) :) 

The summer wasn't free of a few downers.  On a sad note, we also had to put our 15 year old kitty to sleep this summer.  He had cancer and that added some drama from me trying a few vet things ($) to fix him up before we saw how sick he was.  :(  We also replaced our stove, fixed the A/C, finally repaired the outside of our chimney, replaced all four tires plus a wheel bearing on the van, and there was that aforementioned unexpected vacation to Orlando.  Plus we are ending the summer with the normal school fees, school supplies, shoes, backpacks, soccer fees (for all 3 boys), etc.  So it wasn't all fun and games financially!  I may be calling up Kaplan again looking for some work. ;)  We sure have so many memories!

Here's a family picture from the beginning of June at Myrtle Beach


 A better one for Rosie and Nate:

No comments:

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

>